|First Major 2019 Traffic Shift
Beginning at 10 p.m. Friday, May 24 and running straight through until 5 a.m. on Monday, May 27, there will be a significant increase in construction activity along the Crowchild Trail construction sites. In addition to regular roadworks, our crews will be temporarily (until the end of July) relocating the exit point from northbound Crowchild Trail to the eastbound and westbound Memorial Drive off-ramps.
Over the weekend:
- More workers than usual will be on-site.
- There will be single lane traffic in both directions along Crowchild Trail (over the river) throughout the weekend.
- There will be ongoing rotating lane and ramp closures, relocated barriers, and re-painting of lane lines.
Effective Monday morning (5 a.m.):
- The current exit to both the eastbound and westbound Memorial Drive off-ramps will be shifted 50 metres south (from now until the end of July).
- BOTH the northbound and southbound lanes along Crowchild Trail will be realigned.