We’d like to provide you with a few updates relating to the Crowchild Trail Upgrades Project:
1) New Signalized Crossing: Parkdale Boulevard & Kensington Road N.W.
Goes into effect – Thursday, September 5
We have installed a brand-new signalized crossing along Parkdale Boulevard so pedestrians and cyclists have a dedicated, more direct connection to the Bow River Pathway Network. You may notice some traffic control on-site later this afternoon and evening while the signalized crossing is being officially activated.
2) New Signalized Intersection: 10 Avenue S.W. & Bow Trail
Goes into effect Saturday, September 7
The road and tie-in work is complete and the new signalized intersection will go into effect on Saturday. This means that police officers will be on-site directing and managing traffic temporarily while the signals are being activated. Please drive slowly through the area and allot a bit of extra time if you’re going that way.
3) Home Stretch Of Roadwork Along NB Crowchild Trail & EB Bow Trail Area
Friday, September 6 (9 p.m.) – Tuesday, September 10 (5 a.m.)
We are entering the final push to complete the majority of roadwork along the northbound Crowchild Trail/eastbound Bow Trail S.W. area. This final push entails milling and paving work, along with an increase in construction activity this weekend.
What does an increase in construction activity entail?
- An increase in loud, disruptive overnight work (including asphalt milling and paving on Sunday and Monday nights respectively) between the hours of 9 p.m. – 5 a.m.
- An increase in the number of workers on-site.
We’re thankful for your continued patience.
If you would like more information about this project, including a full list of upcoming road impacts and closures, please visit www.calgary.ca/crowchild.