Update from the City of Calgary
Crews have concluded remaining construction activities as part of John Laurie Boulevard N.W. restoration & reconstruction, and the project is now complete, on time and on budget.
Improvements as part of this project include:
- Pavement rehabilitation and restoration of 4.5kms of John Laurie Boulevard N.W.
- Installation of high-tension cable barriers in the median
- Replacement of deteriorated catch basins, manholes and streetlights
- Realignment of the entrance to the Many Owls Valley parking lot at Nose Hill Park to provide safer access
- Pathway upgrades at the 19 Street and 14 Street interchange and a new pathway connection at the northwest corner of Shaganappi Trail and John Laurie Boulevard N.W.
- Pre-installation of underground infrastructure for potential future traffic signals at the Brisebois Drive, Charleswood Drive and 19 Street N.W. intersections
Please note that minor, localized lane closures may occur over the next two weeks as final inspections are underway.
We thank you for your patience and support throughout construction.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the project team at JohnLaurieBlvdProject@calgary.ca